Winter Vegetable Soup Recipe
By December 21, 2012Published:
- Yield: 6 cups (4 Servings)
- Cost: $5.00
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 40 mins
- Ready In: 55 mins
A veggie-loaded soup created by Lulu Powers, Madonna's caterer. One bowl dishes more than all of your RDA for vitamin A and 20 percent for potassium.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1 cup granny smith apple peeled and chopped
- 1 cup turnip peeled and chopped
- 1 cup butternut squash peeled and chopped
- 1 cup carrot chopped
- 1 cup sweet potato peeled and chopped
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or maple agave blend)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (more to taste as needed)
- Heat oil in a large saucepan on medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté until translucent.
- Add apple, turnip, squash, carrot, and sweet potato; season with salt, then sauté 5 minutes.
- Add stock, bring to a boil and simmer, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add syrup, then cayenne pepper to taste.
- Cool slightly and then puree with a handheld mixer, food processor or blender.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress